Entry-Level Automation Designer
Assembly Design Services (ADS) designs high-quality custom automated assembly machines and testing equipment tailored to our customer’s needs. With over 100 years of combined experience, we at ADS provide customers with efficient, robust, and cost-effective ways to aid their projects in succeeding.
Are you looking for a career you are truly passionate about? Do you wish you had a job that makes you excited to come back to work? ADS might be the perfect fit for you! We are currently looking for an Entry-Level Automation Designer seeking the ideal, collaborative company environment.
This individual is responsible for the preparation of simple and complex details using geometry from layout drawings, and for creating details to scale from sketches, notes, and verbal descriptions. The individual will produce detailed drawings to be used for production. The right candidate with thrive in a routine based environment where they are responsible for their own time management and supervision.
- Operate SolidWorks in a Windows environment
- Create detailed drawings and properly apply standard mechanical drafting techniques
- Analyze and solve problems by gathering and interpreting data
- Correct or revise drawings as directed
- Proper feature selection for dimensioning
- Use of catalogs for dimensional data
- Calculate clearances and fits for details, and apply proper tolerancing and sectioning
- Proficient with SolidWorks
- Basic mechanical drafting skills
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Solid mathematics background
- Comprehensive understanding of drafting practices and blueprint reading
- Oral and written communication skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Teamwork mindset with a focus on interpersonal skills
- Individual time management skills
High School Graduate or equivalent
Two year Associates Degree or Technical Institute Certificate or equivalent experience/ability
- Team focused work environment
- Health insurance (including vision and dental)
- 401(K) match
- Holiday pay
- Paid Paternity and family leave
ADS exists to provide the best, most cost-effective designs on time and on budget. We enjoy the whole process of machine design, from initial concept to final debug. ADS champions a challenging and enjoyable work environment, dedicated to problem-solving and flexibility. We believe an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration always brings forth the best results, encouraging our employees and clients alike to grow and learn along the way.